As a Health Blogger and pasta lover who wants to treat myself to healthier options, I love this recipe! After wanting to add more greens into our traditional Italian pasta dishes, my husband and I created this super easy and delicious recipe that we are happy to share with you today.
KALE PESTO PASTA
This Kale Pesto Pasta is the perfect meal for the whole family. This dish is especially great for dinner parties or a quick and healthy lunch. It’s a dish everyone can enjoy! Even my nieces, who are the pickiest of eaters, enjoy every single bite. And it's a great way to secretly add some greens to your meal! Each time you make it, expect no leftovers! It is seriously that good!
KALE PESTO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 cups kale (dinosaur kale)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup unrefined, cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated Pecorino cheese
- You can make your own at home pasta (I love using penne pasta for this particular dish!)
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast nuts, frequently stirring, until lightly golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place pine nuts and garlic clove in a food processor and mix.
- Add kale, basil, salt, pepper and lemon juice and pulse until mixed.
- With your food processor still running, add olive oil in a steady stream until you achieve a smooth texture.
- Add cheese and keep going until well mixed.
- Cook pasta according to instructions and toss with kale pesto. Serve while warm!
Danielle Cuccio, health blogger, yoga instructor, & CEO/Founder of Cuccio Somatology
As a private yoga instructor in one of the world’s busiest cities, Los Angeles, Danielle Cuccio knows the importance of searching for a calm, clear space amidst a turmoil of ‘busyness.’ After graduating from UCLA and being a Licensed Esthetician, Danielle Cuccio chose an alternative path to her initial career in skincare. Yoga ignited her passion for inner as well as outer beauty and was the key to her future. When she first started yoga, she noticed her classmates were “walking out of class with a glow that no facial could ever give.” Danielle found her path, started teaching and was soon giving private sessions to top celebrities and corporate clients. Today, she brings her healthy living tips, yoga exercises and recipes to a much wider audience with her health blog, The Beauty Blender, and launched a new business, Cuccio Somatology in 2016. Check out Danielle on Instagram here.